Friday, May 24, 2013

5.24.13

***WARNING... PICTURE OVERLOAD!***

Yesterday after work I really wanted to go take some pictures so that I could get some practice using my camera.  Since we have no kids, no pets, and no natural modeling skills I was kind of putting off really using my camera.  Plus I didn't want to use it just to find out that I am a stinky photographer.

All that being said we went out anyway.  I learned a LOT of things from my mistakes, but I also learned that if I just kept tweaking things, I could actually take a decent picture now and again.  Don't get me wrong, by no means are these anywhere close to professional pictures... but I thought they turned out pretty good for my first real try and portraits.  (Especially considering the fact that the ones of us are taken with a tripod and remote!)

Any tips from you photographers out there would be greatly appreciated, so I can grow up to be as awesome as you :)

***The main thing I learned was NEVER FORGET YOUR REFLECTOR WHEN TRYING TO SHOOT INTO THE SUN :/  big oops hahah.  Oh well, better luck next time!

1.  I learned that we went out a little too early because the lighting was definitely better towards the end of the photoshoot... or maybe my husband is just a better photographer than me.  Thats ok, I guess I'll get to be in all the pictures with the future kids :)

































This face............................ is what brought on the next face..........



Cutest husband award... over here!!!!







2.  Cue the tripod and remote.... In some of the pictures you can see the remote.  I learned that you should be discrete with the remote so you don't have to practice interesting cropping hahah.




(The remote was in my hand behind his  neck hahha OOPS)
























3.  I learned that sometimes the auto-focus doesn't find you face super well...

































4. Location, Location, Location.... this location was a lot better, and allowed for different poses.









 


























5.  Try to teach your awesome hubby how to focus the camera haha  I can tease because I already complimented him all night the he is a better photographer than me.

***Also, try not to pose in such a way that makes you look super preggers. YOWZA!!!








Like I said... No natural modeling abilities here.










































































These were the coolest reeds ever.. they were so fluffy and awesome!









 6.  Sometimes you just gotta let loose!





SOOO out of focus, but I love how you can still see our silly expressions. 





Yeah I didn't take this picture... I was messing around with settings and he snapped it of himself.  Notice the remote in the right hand :)





Breakfast Club pose.  Again, out of focus, but still pretty cool.  This photoshoot deserved a fist pump in my opinion. 
Welp, that's all folks... I warned you that it was picture overload!

9 comments:

Jessie Eyre said...

Love love love every single one!!! Where are those juicy reeds?! Must go there. You are beautiful and I can't wait for when you ARE posing a preggo belly! :) you're a natural photographer!

Erin said...

Such cute photos!!! I love all of them. You two make such an adorable couple. :)

Soooo how do you feel about being our family photographer? Say in one month, in Hawaii?? Totally not kidding!!! :)

allegra said...

Wow!!! Nat these are amazing. I can't believe these are your "I'm just learning photos." They are great! Heck, these are better than my engagement photo shoot I did for you two and that tells ya a lot! You're a natural photographer . Not picture overload at all... I love your clean and classy post processing. Not overly done, coloring and exposures perfect-- I also love your angles and placement of subjects-- I can't believe you got all these from a timer! Impressive. Bokeh is great and hello you're gorgeous. Hot couple fo sho. Love your guts; can't wait to see you soooooonnn!!

allegra said...

Ps sorry but I'm not seeing the whole "I look preggo thing" but if it were legit I'd be soooooooo elated!!!!

Keep the photo posts coming!!

Natalie said...

Erin, Daniel and I were actually saying that we should take fam pics in Hawaii since everyone will be there. We'll have to decide where we want to take them and stuff like that, but I'm down to give it a try!

Natalie said...

ThAnks Jess! The reeds are right by the AF harbor of utah lake... So really close to you guys :)

Natalie said...

Thanks legs! I appreciate the breakdown of elements. I still have a ton to learn but I'm glad they turned out ok. One day I'll be able to take amazing pics like you :) travel safely today!! Loves!!

McKell said...

Freaking a daisy these look awesome. If you are looking for more practice my sister needs some pictures taken... :)

Natalie said...

Thanks kell! I would love to get some more practice if your sister wants! Just tell her there's probably a 50/50 chance of them turning out well ;)