Monday, May 14, 2012

Fishing, Fire and Friends

This weekend we had some super fun times.  We love spending time outdoors right now.  The weather has been beautiful and not too hot which is great.  I'm so grateful to live in such a beautiful place and even more grateful that I have family and friends to spend time outdoors with!

To start off our Saturday, Daniel and I went on a hike to "Grannys Waterfall".  (Ok thats not really what its called... thats just what we have always called it because it is right behind my grandmas house in PG.  Truth be told I dont even know the real name of the trail..)

One of the smaller falls above the biggest fall

Please excuse my face... I don't think its right to wear makeup in nature :) haha






Later in the day we had plans with awesome friends Holl and Matt to go fishing and have a fire!  We went up American Fork canyon to Tibble Fork Reservoir and it was beautiful!  This was my first fishing experience and although we didn't catch anything it was still really fun!  Can't wait to do it again and catch a 2-footer ;).  After our failed fishing attempt, we found a place to have a fire and roast hot dogs and smores.  mmmmm, I swear everything tastes better cooked over a fire.  Thanks for the fun night guys!!!!

Again... no makeup. Deal with it :)  Daniel is enjoying his hot dog!

Awww... we were chilly ladies, but thanks to the guys the fire was warm!

Please don't hurt me! 

Our rugged mountain men! 

Aww so cute!!

A while ago my dad and Daniel got survival knives... needless to say this is the first time he's gotten to use it!  Predators beware!

1 comment:

Jessie Eyre said...

Granny's Waterfall is actually called "Battlecreek Waterfall" but I like the sound of Granny's Waterfall, better!

You two are so cute! Love the new posts! Keep them up! Hope you're numb fingers are feeling better soon!